Search?

Monday, March 20, 2017

Sandow's system (slightly modified) - complete routine including warm up...

This is my complete routine of Sandow's system of physical training with dumbbells. During the course of training I added some exercises and in this video you can see all of them and how I do them all. It's the final version of it and I won't do any more modifications, I think.
I followed Sandow's principle of doing exercises until it aches or feels tiring and I tried to do at least the recommended number of repetitions. I did the recommended number of reps for bicep curls and the follow-up exercise for forearms and for the last body bends exercise - 75, 35 and 35 as those are day 6th recommended numbers of reps.
I had five 1 minute breaks between some exercises  - arms to the sides kept horizontally while wrists rotate dumbbells, push-ups, pull-ups/chin-ups, squats.
What I added to the system are: the exercises for neck (pulling up dumbbells, hand resistance against head turns), weighted pull-ups/chin-ups (odd days - pull-ups, even days - chin-ups). Everything else is from the original system by Eugen Sandow found in his book "Sandow on physical culture" and "Strength and how to obtain it".

The video shows a complete non-stop routine including a warm-up recommended by Sandow. Day 6 of training cycle using 6 kg dumbbells.

No comments:

Post a Comment