Search?

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

My experiment is over - I finished training by Sandow's system! (Final results after 9 kg dumbbells)

Hello!
It's time to publish the results of my experiment. I think that I couldn't make it pure enough to finally give Sandow's system a solid YES or solid NO, because I strayed from his prescriptions significantly, such as I had my training sessions on a several-days-between-them basis and not on a daily basis like it was supposed to be, I went dieting which undermined my power and size gains and reflected on the results making them minute. 

Yet from what I have felt during my training when I was eating a lot with no limitations I can say that I would still not reach the same or even close muscle mass as Sandow had himself. The same goes for the power, even if I wouldn't be on a diet during several last cycles of the system I would still not be able to perform power feats which Sandow could perform. Not even close and that's for sure. Nevertheless this system can really improve your strength and add some muscles on you but you need to eat well. It will not take away any of your body fat unless you go on a diet.

It was quite a good and pleasurable experience to grow muscles on arms and legs while using just up to 5 kilo dumbbells. Give it a try if you don't feel like using big weights. With just 2-5 kilo dumbbells and good hearty meals every day you can add on average 3 cm to your arms girth and other places.

As for the impressions from the last 9 kilo cycle I can say that it was hard, many of the exercises fell down below the minimum repetitions recommended by Sandow, for example if I needed to do 14 reps of one exercise then I could do only, say 10. One of the hardest was the first exercise (bicep curls) which I usually did only 50 reps without going higher at all. Sometimes I could do 60 or 80 but I have never done 100 or the maximum of 120 reps of bicep curls. My hands were aching too much during the exercise.
Here is day 7 of 9 kg dumbbells training cycle -


Here are videos of me doing push-ups and chin-ups after several days have passed since the end of the last cycle - 





Now the measurements of my body after finishing the last cycle of the system using 9 kg dumbbells.
I took them the next day after the last training, all data is given in cm:
Height: 170
Weight: 70.1 kg
Neck: 38.5
Biceps LR: 35.3; 36.1
Forearms LR: 29; 29.5
Chest (inhaled): 106.9
Waist: 76
Thighs LR: 55.5; 57.5
Calves LR: 38; 37.7











6 comments:

  1. nice effort i guess.
    i must recommend convict conditioning system for someone who is dedicated as you.
    i will keep observing your progress keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! could you also recommend a reliable and good resource on the convict conditioning system? My knowledge of it is limited to scenes of convicts training in movies.

      Delete
    2. I know I am more than 2 years late but I saw this page today. "Convict Conditioning" is a book by Paul Wade where this system is described in detail. You can get it for free through torrents.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the comment Abhishek. I got to know the convict conditioning system from the book you named and I agree with the healthy criticism of it, for example that it's fake (not really practiced in jails), that it's normally too hard to follow the progression given in the book. In any case almost anything can give positive results if one sticks to it. But everyone should be careful with systems with myriads of reps - tendinitis is no jokes.

      Delete
  2. Hi u should follow this routine religiously. I see positive improvements in ur body. U know earning a Greek body is a manly thing. And I see u on right path. Our mentality has changed due to fast paced bodybuilding. I know bodybuilder are not so strong as Greek athletes. So u know keep up this Greek workout and get something different than common populations. Become special. Good luck

    ReplyDelete