Search?

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Sandow's system UPDATE on changes

Hello.
I was reading the first Sandow's book "Sandow on physical training" and discovered some things which were not present in his second book "Strength and how to obtain it". Now I think that my experiment will not be as pure as I can make it without following the prescriptions from the first book. The most significant change in my working out routine is adding warm up exercises which Sandow recommended to do before each training session with dumbbells. In the next post about Sandow's training program I will upload a video of those warm up exercises.

Another change touches reps of the main exercises. From now on I will try do more reps than the table numbers if I can, and if I can't I will stop wherever I feel to. Because that's how Sandow recommended it! He said that exercises should be done without excess of strain, to avoid overtraining, to do the exercises until muscles have ache, but not until you are tired unless explicitly stated otherwise. So, this is how I am going to do them from now on.

And the big change number three is that I jumped back to 4 kilo dumbbells because some of the warming up exercises are impossible to do with heavier dumbbells for me. I will see if after some time when moving on to 5 kilo dumbbells I will be able to do that tricky exercise or not, if not then I will adjust the exercise!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment